Root Canal Therapy
Tooth decay or trauma can lead to an infection. The internal portion (the pulp) of your infected tooth can become inflamed.
Inflammation inside your tooth causes pain. Be aware of your symptoms.
- Pain radiates and is difficult to pinpoint.
- Biting down on your tooth or chewing causes sharp pain.
- Pain lingers after eating hot or cold foods.
- You experience pressure and a dull ache within your tooth and surrounding gums.
- Your gums are tender and swollen.
Tooth extraction can be avoided with root canal treatment. Root canal therapy removes the nerves and infection to enable your tooth to heal.
We preserve your tooth by removing the infected nerve areas, sealing it, and strengthening the remaining tooth with a dental crown. In most cases the entire root canal process can be completed in just one visit.
Get more information about root canal therapy.